Unfortunately, a large part of the American population has problems with waste in the colon. This condition contributes to weight gain and also impedes the proper absorption of nutrients and the adequate removal of waste. Additionally, this waste has a negative influence on the gut bacteria and makes the process of weight loss difficult and slow.
How to solve this problem?
One of the best solutions is to do a colon cleanse. Take a look at the best methods for elimination of waste deposit in the colon:
- You should consume more fiber-women between the age of 19 and 50 should intake 25 grams of fiber per day whereas men need 38 grams. Men older than the age of 50 need 30 grams, whereas women need 21 grams. Intake fiber through the following foods: avocados, prunes, figs, okra, berries, coconut, and Brussels sprouts.
- Drink a lot of water-believe it or not, a lot of people suffer from dehydration-one of the main reasons behind blocked colon. The recommended daily amount of water is 2 liters. In fact, it’s also advisable to be able to reach 3 liters per day. This will aid the removal of waste.
- The apple cider vinegar detox-the enzymes in vinegar encourage probiotic growth. Hence, the acidic nature of ACV is excellent for removal of toxins from the colon. Just mix 2 tbsp of ACV and 2 tbsp of organic honey and add them to 8 ounces of warm water. Stir the mixture well. Drink it in the morning.
- Do the prune juice detox-prune juice is rich in fiber so it’s great in the unblocking of the colon. You should drink 8 ounces before breakfast and 8 ounces after dinner. Reduce the amount as your bowel movements become more regular.
- Drink lemon juice-according to experts, vitamin C-a powerful antioxidant found in lemon, encourages the health of the colon, betters the metabolic rate, and thus, betters the body’s ability to expel waste. Drink a glass of lemon juice in the morning.
- Eat flaxseed-flaxseed contains omega-3 fatty acids and fiber which loosen the colon and encourage proper removal of toxins from the colon. In fact, 100 grams of flaxseed has 27 grams of fiber. Don’t exaggerate with the consumption as it can cause diarrhea.
- Drink ginger tea-ginger is known to warm up the body and speed up the slow digestion and encourage bowel movements. In order to prepare ginger tea, you will need: 2 tsp of freshly grated ginger, ¼ tsp of turmeric, and 5 cups of water. Add the turmeric and ginger to the water and put it to boil. Once it boils, leave it to simmer for 10 minutes and then remove it from the stove. Add the honey.
- Consume more probiotics-probiotics regulate bad bacteria which cause the colon and gut blockage. Although the body has enough probiotics, their number can reduce because of many reasons, for example, excessive use of antibiotics. You should consume the following foods which are rich in probiotics: kefir, yogurt, pickles, Kombucha, sauerkraut, dark chocolate, and you can also include probiotic supplements.
Important to note: If you’re pregnant, you should previously consult your physician if you’re thinking about trying out this colon cleanse.